How to restore files if lost or deleted.
If you are moving from v1.4 to v1.5b, changing your Bundle ID, or upgrading builds that have undergone database changes which require the app to be clean installed, you will need to backup your save games and ROMs or you will lose them all!
At the moment exporting or restoring files such can only be done manually…
- 1.In Provenance, either…
- Turn on the Web Server and load it via WebDav, or…
- Open Apple Files and go to
On My Device/Provenanceor
- 2.Pull all the files you need from
Save States/, if you don't have your ROMs offline somewhere, obtain them from the
- 3.After replacing Provenance… Manually place your files back the way you found them (you may have to recreate folder structures or let them be recreated).
- You should probably open your game at least once before this and save a state so it creates its base folders.
- 4.After placing your files into the new folder structure, you [may] need to Build the app over itself once more in order for them to be migrated into new structure properly at buildtime
- When complete, these migrated Save States will not have screenshots as the new ones do, etc…