"What if I don't have a Mac?"
Technically, a Mac is not required to install Provenance. Only macOS is, which you can run on a custom built Hackintosh (check out tonymacx86) or run as a virtual machine on another system like Windows.
- 1.Install and Open VMWare.
- 2.Setup a new virtual machine…
- Select File → New Virtual Machine for install wizard or…
.vmxfile of your Virtual Disk files manually through File → Open
- 3.Before powering, sertup
Power and Editoption:
- 1.Set memory for at least 2GB, 4GB is adequate. Hard Disk should be at least 150 GB
- 2.Select USB Controller and set USB Compatibility to 2.0 (required or it will not detect your iPhone, even if you have USB 3.0) and enable these options:
- 1.☑️ Automatically connect new USB devices
- 2.☑️ Show all USB input devices
- 3.☑️ Share Bluetooth devices with the virtual machine.
- 1.Start macOS via
Power on this Virtual Machine(Virtual Machines will run slower than actual computers, soexpect some loading time).
- If there is an issue with the display resolution, go to
⚙️System Preferencesin Dock or…
- Select Display, then
Default for Display(Adjustments can also be made in the
Viewmenu of VMWare
- 2.Update: Open App Store and select
Updates. Update macOS and iTunes (this may take a while).
- 3.Install Xcode: After updating, download Xcode via App Store (free).
- 4.Locate Terminal in
Applications/Utilities/Terminal(remember this location or drag the app to the Dock for later).
If you are having trouble getting things to work on a virtual machine, check for your issue here.
- Before you plug in your device, make sure that VMWare is in focus and macOS active (mouse clicked within macOS screen)—or it won't get picked up by the VM and will be fighting for it with the host system.